Welcome!
Best.Emily is not implying I am the best Emily there ever was, but is a reminder for me to work toward the best version of myself. I want to turn up the dials on happiness! appreciation! patience! energy! empathy! and goodwill!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Breathing in, I know that I am Breathing in...
... Breathing out, I know that I am Breathing out..."
Thich Nhat Hanh ~ Internationally known Vietnamese Zen Buddhist Monk

Over the past few days, 
I have realized when and where I easily enjoy a sense of mindfulness-
While doing the dishes,
basking in the sun
near the trickle of my fish tank filter,
but especially while doing my vinyasa practice.
The determination required for my advanced practice is a perfect catalyst to focus my mind to the present and remain present for nearly 75 minutes.


And some days, I simply sit and breathe and think
Breathing in, I am aware of my eyes...
...Breathing out, I am thankful I can see...

What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment