Welcome!
Best.Emily is not implying I am the best Emily there ever was, but is a reminder for me to work toward the best version of myself. I want to turn up the dials on happiness! appreciation! patience! energy! empathy! and goodwill!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Special Day

I really miss celebrating Fathers' Day
My Dad passed away a few years ago now.
I have not gotten over it
I doubt that anyone really does

Some days I talk about my 'parents' and include him in the present
possibly confusing those around me,
and some days I have to explain that no, in fact,
I lost my father when I was 22

I always enjoyed Fathers' Day
a bit more than Mothers' Day
there was no fear for criticism of the gifts I had picked
the breakfast I fried
or the dinner I bar-be-qued,
he expressed overwhelming gratitude for even the smallest effort.

My dad just liked to chill in the sun and let everyone enjoy the day
he was an Epic man like no other.


No comments:

Post a Comment