Welcome!
Best.Emily is not implying I am the best Emily there ever was, but is a reminder for me to work toward the best version of myself. I want to turn up the dials on happiness! appreciation! patience! energy! empathy! and goodwill!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011


I've started running again...

My first attempt at becoming a runner was in March:
- I ran by myself and pushed my pace, never believing I was moving fast enough
- I designed simple routes from my house
- purchased running pants and jackets to fight the frigid spring temperatures
- ran at different times, morning noon and night to fit my schedule
- and failed to create a consistent practice

This time, I hope to truly embrace the sport and find success:
- I am now running with an experienced friend and learning to pace myself
- we've picked a beautiful path along the lake
- I'm enjoying being outside in the setting sun with the warm summer wind
- the days and times of our runs are fixed
- and I believe consistency of practice will leave my body and mind feeling satisfied

While I am pretty good at motivating myself,
I am always happy to realize how a friend makes it easier to leave my comfort zone and attempt to accomplish a new goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment