Welcome!
Best.Emily is not implying I am the best Emily there ever was, but is a reminder for me to work toward the best version of myself. I want to turn up the dials on happiness! appreciation! patience! energy! empathy! and goodwill!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011


"if you don’t try at anything, you can’t fail… it takes back bone to lead the life you want" 

I find this quote inspiring, motivating and honest.  It comes at the climax of a brutal fight between April and Frank Wheeler in Revolutionary Road.  April delivers it like a knife in Frank's side, it feels hurtful and full of resentment.  

The story is a lot like this quote, 
honest, depressing yet motivating.  

I heard from a lot of people that the movie/book is overly depressing or sad,
but I loved it and found positive messages, including,
Any type of life you lead is a choice and requires a lot of hard work.  
And life is dynamic and open to stretch and change beyond the limits you may envision.

Beautiful story and I will look into more Yates novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment