Welcome!
Best.Emily is not implying I am the best Emily there ever was, but is a reminder for me to work toward the best version of myself. I want to turn up the dials on happiness! appreciation! patience! energy! empathy! and goodwill!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Regular, Average, Beautiful Day

This morning, I awoke 2 hours before my alarm.

 I was not excited, and I even ignored a lovely message left from my partner which read “you’re beautiful”. 

I recognized that I did not want to spend my day in such a mood 
so, I decided to reset my attitude by finishing the wonderfully informative and inspiring novel, "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin.  You should check out her book, or her blog for some practical steps to improve your attitude toward any aspect of your life. 

It was a great read, 
and I finished it within a week even while reading various texts for school.

My day ended up unfolding in a beautifully unplanned way.  
Something I did not expect when I awoke at 5:30am on a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment