Welcome!
Best.Emily is not implying I am the best Emily there ever was, but is a reminder for me to work toward the best version of myself. I want to turn up the dials on happiness! appreciation! patience! energy! empathy! and goodwill!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Simple Gifts of Happiness


Recently, 
I discovered that sometimes, simple things 
can really brighten my day and lift my mood.

I have loved bunnies my entire life, 
and this time of year is like a gift from God.
Tiny bunnies everywhere, and I gain happiness for each one.  
I am lucky.

My sister has the same love for Pandas...  
Unfortunately she doesn't live in Asia, 
so she doesn't get this daily boost.

I am lucky
I am thankful that I can enjoy such pleasure in this little gift.
I don't question my endorphins or suffer embarrassment;
I accept each rush gratefully. 

I want to continue to recognize the many sources of happiness that surround me, 
and the people I love.  
I will strive to enjoy the life I am living right now,
instead of focusing on what I'd like to change, 
or what the future could bring.

If the natural world allows, 
I will enjoy spotting bunnies each spring and summer for the rest of my life, 
and so, I want to embrace the other daily joys that the Earth brings to me.  

So simple, so free.. 
whole and natural and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment