Welcome!
Best.Emily is not implying I am the best Emily there ever was, but is a reminder for me to work toward the best version of myself. I want to turn up the dials on happiness! appreciation! patience! energy! empathy! and goodwill!

Friday, May 27, 2011

30 Day Challenge – Examining my Spirituality

According to many experts, it takes 21-30 days of repetition, dedication and conscious thought to begin to develop of a new habit.

In the past I have completed,

-> a Bikram Yoga 30 day challenge – I became almost addicted to the sweat, struggle and body transformation, easily leaning out my frame 20 pounds while toning up leg muscles…


-> a solid month of dedicated piano practice – the final weeks before an examination, I would spend hours working to improve my emotional and technical performance…


-> Over the past few summers I have completed summer courses toward my degree.  I am shocked each June when the professor fits a 4-month curriculum into a 4-week intense schedule.  I am also shocked each July when I notice my GPA is significantly higher than throughout the fall term...

But I have never strived to complete a 
30 day mindfulness meditation challenge.  
Nor, have I contemplated my spiritual outlook as a young independent adult.  As a kid I attended United Protestant services with my family, celebrated Christmas and Easter with commercial decorations and only said ‘Grace’ around my Grandparents.  Church was always more of a social commitment and I have never read from the Bible or given time to study the other important religious documents.

I have so many questions about the human mind, the physical world, our earths systems, cosmic expanses, energy transfers, multiple dimensions
etc. etc.

To calm my mind to better understand all things, I first want to develop a better understanding of my connection to all energies, 
I want to learn to meditate.

Starting today, I will commit to develop a practice each day. 
I may read books, seek input from others and try different strategies, but this challenge is a test of my strength and commitment..
A challenge tackled almost certainly produces happiness.
Join me?



No comments:

Post a Comment